Activities of the Assembly
Ferguson, pp. 268-273
- To what was singing closely related in ancient times?
- What three kinds of songs did Paul command for the Ephesians
and Colossians to sing? Does Ferguson think these are
different kinds of songs or interchangable terms?
- To what two individuals or groups is singing directed?
- What does Ferguson say is primary and what is secondary in
- For how long in church history did the church not use
- What did instrumental music accompany in the Old Testament?
Thought question: What does Ferguson refer to when he says "things in the
church that no Christian group would want to practice"?
- What does Ferguson say that word meanings are determined by?
What does he say that word meanings are not determined by?
http://www.bterry.com/church/activ2.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/church/activ2.htm
Last updated on April 17, 2008
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2001 Bruce Terry