The Beginning of the Church
Ferguson, pp. 47-56, 63-69
- In what church is it popular to say that the rock of Matt.
16:18 is Peter?
- When the word rock is found in the Sermon on the Mount, what
is it symbolic of?
- What does Ferguson say the two most important declarations of
Matt. 16:18 are?
- What does Ferguson think that the phrase "the gates of hades
will not prevail against it" refers to?
- To what two things do binding and loosing refer in rabbinic
- What seven things began on the day of Pentecost?
- What scriptures indicate that "the disciples" and "the church"
refer to the same thing?
http://www.bterry.com/church/begin.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/church/begin.htm
Last updated on April 18, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2001 Bruce Terry