The Role of Women in the Church
Ferguson, pp. 337-344
- What woman is named as a servant (and possibly a deacon) in
the church at Cenchreae?
- What are two possible meanings of the Greek word gyne in
I Timothy 3:11?
- What does Ferguson say that Paul means by the term "real
- When Paul says for women to be silent in the assembly, what
kind of speech does Ferguson think is not excluded? What
kind does he say is expressly forbidden?
- What passage is sometimes seen as contradicting the
prohibition on women speaking in the assembly?
- What does Ferguson take the "every place" of I Timothy 2:8 to
- In what context do the limitations on women speaking and
http://www.bterry.com/church/women.htm hosted at http://bible.ovc.edu/terry/church/women.htm
Last updated on April 18, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2001 Bruce Terry