Peter's Confession and the Transfiguration
(Matt. 16:13-17:23; Mark 8:27-9:32; Luke 9:18-9:45; 9:51-10:20)
(Synopsis: §§158-164, 174-180; pp. 149-157, 164-167)
- What four individuals were people saying that Jesus was?
- Who did Peter say that Jesus was? Who revealed this to him?
- What did Jesus say He would build, where would He build it,
and how strong would it be? (§158)
- What was Jesus going to give to Peter and what was the
significance of this? (§158)
- Thought question: Why did Jesus not want His disciples to tell
anyone that he was the Christ? (§158)
- What did Jesus begin to reveal to the disciples after Peter's
- What standards did Jesus set for anyone who wanted to follow
- Do you see any indications that the Son of man coming with His
angels and the Son of man coming in His kingdom might be
different events? (§160)
- What happened to Jesus and His appearance while on the
mountain with Peter, James, and John? (§161)
- Who appeared with Jesus on the mountain, what did they talk
about, and what was the disciples' state of mind? (§161)
- What did Peter say in response to this appearance, and why
did he say it? (§161)
- What happened to negate Peter's suggestion? What was the
purpose of this appearance? (§161)
- With whom did Jesus identify the Elijah who was to come?
- What did Jesus find when He came down off the mountain?
- When Jesus again told His disciples what was going to happen
to Him, what was their reaction? (§164)
- Who rejected Jesus on His way to Jerusalem and what was the
difference between the reaction of Jesus and that of the
sons of Zebedee? (§175)
- What were the statements of three potential followers of
Jesus? Were any of them acceptable to Jesus? (§176)
- Who did Jesus send out besides His twelve apostles, where did
He send them, and how did He group them? (§177)
- What were those He send out to survive on and why? (§177)
- Upon what three cities in Galilee did Jesus pronounce woes?
- What was Jesus' response about the devil when those He had
sent out returned? (§180)
- What did Jesus say that His followers should rejoice about?
Page maintained by
Last Modified 1/22/99