The Trial of Jesus
(Matt. 26:57-27:26; Mark 14:53-15:15; Luke 22:54-23:25; John 18:13-19:16)
(Synopsis: §§332-341; pp. 301-314)
- When Jesus was first arrested, whose house did they lead him
to first? What was his relationship to the high priest?
- How many of Jesus' disciples followed Jesus at a distance when
He was arrested, and who were they? (§332)
- What sample false testimony against Jesus do Matthew and Mark
record? Could the witnesses agree on this testimony? (§332)
- What did Jesus say that the high priest considered blasphemy?
- Who accused Peter of being with Jesus the first time he denied
knowing Him? (§333)
- Do you see any evidence that a number of people may have
accused Peter of being one of Jesus' disciples before he
denied Jesus a second time? What evidence? (§333)
- What made the bystanders think that Peter was a Galilean?
- To whom did the Jewish leaders take Jesus early in the
morning, and where did he live? Did the Jewish leaders go
into his living quarters? Why or why not? (§334)
- What happened to the money for which Judas betrayed Jesus?
- Of what crimes did the Jewish leaders accuse Jesus? (§336)
- What did Jesus say about his kingdom/kingship? (§336)
- After Pilate had first examined Jesus, what preliminary
verdict did he give to the Jewish leaders? (§336)
- Why was Herod glad to see Jesus? (§337)
- What did Herod do with Jesus? (§338)
- What custom did the Jews have through which Pilate hoped to
release Jesus? (§339)
- When Pilate wanted to release Jesus, who did he suggest to
the crowd as an alternative that he might release if not
Jesus? What was the man's crime? (§339)
- What did Pilate have done to Jesus before he presented Him to
the crowd one last time? (§340)
- What did the Jewish leaders tell Pilate about Jesus that made
him afraid, and what did he ask Jesus as a result? (§340)
- Where did Jesus say that Pilate got his power over Jesus?
- What statement that the Jewish leaders made finally caused
Pilate to condemn Jesus? (§340)
- At what day and hour does John say that Jesus was before
- How did the people respond when Pilate washed his hands?
Page maintained by
Last Modified 1/23/99