II Samuel 9-16
- To whom did David show kindness? What was his relationship to
- How did Hanun embarasss David's servants sent to console him?
- What did David see that caused him to be tempted to commit
adultery? Who did he see?
- How many times did David try to get Uriah to go to his house
to his wife? Why did Uriah say he wouldn't do it?
- What two things did the prophet Nathan tell David that he had
done that was evil in God's sight? (don't do this one from
memory; look at the text or you will get it wrong!)
- What was David's reply to Nathan? What words of encouragement
and punishment did Nathan give him in response?
- Why did David say that he rose and ate when his child died?
- Who raped David's daughter Tamar? Who avenged her rape and
- Who did Joab get to talk David into bringing back his son
Absalom from exile?
- What did Absalom do to steal the hearts of the people of
Israel away from David?
- Which of David's wise advisors defected to Absalom? Which
pretended to defect but remained loyal to David?
Last Updated December 4, 2001
Page maintained by