Scripture Search on
Understanding the Bible
- What is the main message of the scriptures about? John 5:39;
- Who will those taught by God come to? John 6:45
- What is the purpose of the scriptures? II Tim. 3:16-17
- Why was the Old Testament written down? Rom. 15:4; I Cor.
- What must we do to know the truth? John 8:31-32
- What are two things that we must not do with God's word? I
Cor. 4:6; II Cor. 4:2
- Is it possible to understand the scriptures? II Cor. 1:13-14
- Is it possible to misunderstand the scriptures? II Peter 3:16
- Do the scriptures have to mean what we say they mean?
II Peter 1:20-21
- How must God's word be handled? II Tim. 2:15
- Do people ever need help from others in order to understand
the scriptures? Mark 4:10-13; Luke 24:25-27; Acts 8:30-31
- Why can some people not understand God's word? John 8:43
- What kind of person will know whether or not a teaching is
from God? John 7:16-17
- What advantage does the Christian have in understanding God's
word over the non-Christian? I Cor. 2:12-15
- What hinders the understanding of a person who has not turned
to Christ? II Cor. 3:14-16
- What does God think about human wisdom and philosophy?
I Cor. 1:19-21; 2:5; 3:20; II Cor. 10:5; Col. 2:8
- What is the place of prayer in understanding the Bible?
Eph. 1:17-19; Col. 1:9-10; James 1:5; 3:17
Last Updated March 21, 2002
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2002 Bruce Terry