Study Guide: Similes, Metaphors, Proverbs, Parables, & Allegories
Virkler: Chapter 6: Pages 157-181
- What is the difference between a simile and a metaphor?
- Which of the above two is a parable more like? Which of the above two is a allegory more like?
- What is the general focus of the Book of Proverbs? What are seven specific foci of that book?
- How many points do proverbs try to get across?
- What are the two basic purposes of parables?
- What kinds of interpretations of parables are not likely to be stating Jesus' intended purposes?
- Does Virkler think that the kingdom of God and kingdom of heaven refer to the same or different things?
- What are the three senses of the kingdom as regards time?
- What mistake did Socinus make as regards parables and doctrine?
- To what extent does Virkler think that the details of parables have significance?
- What are the two main differences between parables and allegories?
- What famous allegory did Paul use? Where is it found?
Last Updated January 20, 2003
Page maintained by
Copyright © 2002 Bruce Terry