Introduction to Missions
Bib. Foundations & Cont. Strategies
Chapter 3: The Missionary Cycle
- What kind of pressure is brought to bear on people who want to
do foreign mission work to get them not to do it?
- What would cause people to want to go to the mission field
without training? What are the pros and cons of missionary
- What sort of activities take place during the period of field
selection and focused training for that field?
- Why would people go from a positive outlook to a negative one
toward their new culture during the period of initial
- What four stages of struggle focusing on four different types
of work does Van Rheenen see the long-term missionary going
- Why do missionaries have trouble when they return home after a
period of mission work that lasts more than a couple of
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.