Introduction to Missions
Bib. Foundations & Cont. Strategies
Chapter 7: Cross-cultural Communication
- What are the elements of the communication process within a
- How is the communication process complicated by the
introduction of a second or third culture?
- Describe American, Biblical, and Sub-Saharan African world
view on each of the following scales:
- Naturalistic, Spiritualistic
- Reality and extent of the supernatural world
- Causes of Illness and Accidents
- Individualistic, Group-oriented
- Family extent
- Social Structure
- Decision Making
- Optimistic, Fatalistic
- Change in social status and wealth
- Past, present, and future primary orientation
- Cyclical vs. linear passage of time
- Importance/pressure of time
- View of death
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.