Introduction to Missions
Guidelines for World Evangelism
Chapter 1: Introduction
- What are some possible reasons that the Baptist missionaries
Carpenter and Crawford felt that the "subsidy system"
hindered church growth?
- What three principles of mission work did Crawford advocate?
- What about the message from the West is so confused that it
would hinder acceptance in China?
- What would be the advantages of each of Nevius' principles?
- wide itineration
- strict church discipline
- native benevolence
- In what country did the Presbyterian Church try Nevius'
principles? What response occurred? Were the principles
involved in this response?
- Which two of Roland Allen's principles would seem to make the
most sense to you?
- What is a "social gospel"? Do you see any tendencies to
preach such a gospel today?
- Which of the principles of the Laymen's Report are good and
which are bad?
- What academic discipline did the World Missionary Conference
at Madras lay a foundation for its use in missions?
- What two things did McGavran think that a student of missions
needs to be able to determine?
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.