Introduction to Missions
Mission Methods: St. Paul's or Ours?
Chapters 9 and 10
- When did the majority of Paul's teaching of new converts take
place, before or after they were baptized?
- How does modern missionary practice often differ from this and
what is the theological problem with modern practice?
- What were Paul's two requirements for baptism?
- What is the difference in the way that modern missionaries
often appoint leaders for a congregation and the way Paul
- What was the primary thrust of Paul's qualifications for
- What is the difference between the number of leaders that
modern missionaries often appoint for a congregation and the
number that Paul appointed?
- What is the test that missionaries often have candidates for
leadership go through that the local people respond
- What are four negative consequences of the above policy?
- What does Allen say is the difference between the way that
Paul taught right from wrong and the way it is often done in
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of forming a
Christian community (for work, school, etc.) on the mission
- What is the difference between the way that discipline is
exercised today and the way that Paul taught it should be
- What is a cultural difference between an Euro-American view
of discipline and a Biblical/Eastern view of discipline?
Last Updated September 11, 2002
Page maintained by .
Copyright © 2002 Ralph Bruce Terry. All rights reserved.