Scripture Search On The Role Of Women
- What are some of the tasks that women were involved in during and immediately after the ministry of Jesus? Luke 8:2-3; 10:40; John 12:2; Acts 1:14
- To whom did Jesus first appear after His resurrection? Mark 16:9
- What women are mentioned as prophesying? Acts 2:17; 21:9; I Cor. 11:5
- What women are mentioned as being apostles (missionaries) or with apostles? Rom. 16:7; I Cor. 9:5
- What women had worked by Paul's side in spreading the gospel? Philp. 4:2-3
- What are unmarried Christian women concerned about? I Cor. 7:34
- What woman is listed as being a servant (deacon [?]) of the church at Cenchreae? What evidence do you see that she was either a deaconess or an ordinary servant? Rom. 16:1
- Thought question: "Women" in I Tim. 3:11 could grammatically refer to either "wives of deacons" or "women deacons." What reasons can you think of that would support each understanding?
- What individuals or groups were taught by women in the New Testament? Acts 18:26; II Tim. 1:5; 3:14-15; Titus 2:3-5
- How were wives to win their husbands for Christ? I Pet. 3:1-6
- What two reasons does Paul give as to why a woman should not teach the scriptures publicly? I Tim. 2:11-15
- What did Paul tell men and women, respectively, that each of them were to do? Thought question: Can you think of any reason(s) why he should give each of them the commands he does? I Tim. 2:8-10
- What restriction does Paul place on women in I Cor. 14:33b-36 and why?
- What restrictions does Paul place on men and women in I Cor. 11:2-16 and why? Does this difference mean that men are better that women? Why?
- Ultimately what is the difference between men and women? Gal. 3:28
Last updated on July 16, 1999
Page maintained by